Introduction to EViews
Introduction to EViews is a three hour and 30 minutes (split into two sessions: 1 hr and 45 minutes) webinar covering the following topics*:
|What is EViews?
|Overview of the EViews desktop.
- The EViews Desktop.
- EViews Workfiles.
- EViews objects.
|Workfiles and Workfile pages - getting data into EViews.
- How EViews understands/organizes data: The structure of a Workfile.
- Creating blank Workfiles for three types of data structures.
- Bringing data into blank Workfiles.
- Creating Workfiles by reading data in EViews.
- Creating Workfile pages.
|EViews Samples: refining your analysis.
- Changing the sample.
- Key Sample functions and if statements.
|Series and Groups: EViews data objects.
- Creating new Series and Groups.
- Data analysis in one click: Series and Group menu items.
|Estimation in EViews: a first look.
- Specifying and estimating an Equation.
- Equation objects.
- Equation output.
- Multiple regression analysis.
|Introduction to other EViews objects.
- Graph objects.
- Table objects.
- Text objects.
- Spool objects.
*Syllabus subject to change at any time.