Contact information and business hours:
|IHS Global Inc.|
|4521 Campus Drive, #336|
|Irvine, CA 92612-2621|
|Sales questions: firstname.lastname@example.org||Technical support: email@example.com.
Please include your serial number with all emails.
|(hours) M-F, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (Pacific Time)|
About IHS EViews
A part of IHS Inc. (NYSE: IHS), a leading global source of critical information and insight, IHS Global Inc. has been a developer of statistical software for over twenty-five years. IHS Global Inc. software solutions provide academic researchers, corporations, government agencies, and students with an easy-to-use object-oriented interface to powerful statistical, forecasting and modeling tools.
Originally developed and distributed by Quantitative Micro Software (QMS), our flagship product EViews has established a reputation as a worldwide leader in Windows-based econometric and forecasting software. The first QMS product, the popular MicroTSP software, was one of the first forecasting and analytical packages available for the personal computer. MicroTSP was replaced by the Windows-based EViews in 1994.
QMS was acquired by IHS Inc. in May of 2010.
IHS EViews Today
EViews is the main macroeconomic forecasting and analysis toolset used by central banks, national banks, and government agencies around the world.
- Used by over 600 central banks, national banks, and government agencies worldwide.
- The Federal Reserve’s FRB/US model, Energy Information Administration's National Energy Modeling System (NEMS) economic and energy model, and Ray Fair’s US or multi-country models are built using EViews.
- Government institutions, such as the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and United Nations, uses EViews as a training tool for macroeconomic analysis.
- Annual government sector EViews user group conference held in North America and Europe, attended by the United Nations, World Bank, and the IMF.
An intuitive graphical user interface makes EViews the perfect teaching tool. Students can quickly learn how to import data, run regressions and view graphical results, allowing professors more time to teach statistics and econometrics rather than how to use the software.
- Over 1,600 university economics and business departments regularly use EViews.
- Used by 78% of the best global universities for economics and business, as ranked by
U.S. News & World Report.
- Referenced in many economics, econometrics, business, finance, and statistics text books, as well as research journals.
- Bundled with many text books.
Our free EViews Student Version Lite provides a no-risk way to introduce students to statistics and econometrics. EViews is the preferred teaching resource for statistics and econometrics.
EViews has been a key analytical and forecasting tool for businesses and corporations for over 20 years, and is used in industries around the world. We are used in over 50% of Fortune’s Top 100 Companies and are represented in many different industries including:
- Investment banking
- Retail/Packaged goods
- Technology, including half of Fortune’s top 10 technology companies
Our ease of use, flexibility and integration with other software such as Microsoft Office, as well as a wide range of other available tools, allow analysts in these industries to use EViews for tasks such as macroeconomic forecasting, time series analysis, estimating demand, and more.