Working with Data in EViews
Working with Data in EViews is a three hour and 30 minutes (split into two sessions: 1 hr and 45 minutes) webinar covering the following topics*:
|Data manipulation: functions everyone should know.
- Basic operators and mathematical functions.
- Descriptive statistic functions.
- Statistical distribution functions.
- Time series functions.
- Cumulative and moving statistic functions.
- Group functions.
|Date functions: manipulating dated data.
- Creating dummy variables using Samples.
- Creating dummy variables using date functions.
- Creating dummy variables using other EViews functions.
|Frequency conversion and data merging.
- Page links in EViews.
- Frequency conversion: High to Low.
- Frequency conversion: Low to High.
- General match-merge data copying.
- Data match-merging.
|Graphing data in EViews.
- Graphs and Graph objects.
- Basic graphs of single and multiple series.
- Analytical graphs.
- Categorical graphs.
- Basic graph customization.
|Analyzing your data in EViews: basic statistics.
- Calculating basic statistics: Histograms, stats tables, stats by classification, one-way and N-way tabulations, covariance analysis.
- Simple hypothesis and distributional tests.
- Odds and ends: the Series Proc menu (Generate by Classification, Resample and Interpolate).
*Syllabus subject to change at any time.